6 easy ideas for best carpet stain removers
Cleaning carpets can be cumbersome, especially in the case of solid or hard stains. Before calling in some costly cleaning service, you can use some common household things to clean the tough stains, whether it’s wine or pet urine. Here is a list of possible best carpet stain removers which you can try.
- Ice Cubes: Do you have kids in your house? Then you may find chewing gums on your carpet. In this case, ice cubes can be terrific stain remover. Freeze the gum with the ice cubes; now scrape using a knife, and then blot with trichloroethylene, which is a dry-cleaning fluid. Blotting can be more effective than scraping any stains.
- Beer: Stains of coffee and tea on carpets is common and always seems too tough to remove. Try adding some beer on these stains. Now rub the beer lightly into the material. The stain can be easily removed. It may require a couple of times of rubbing to completely remove it.
- Ammonia: Sponge the stains with 1 cup of clear ammonia in two liters of warm water. Sponge them thoroughly and keep it dry. Thus you can remove stains from carpet as well as upholstery.
- Vinegar: It’s one of the best carpet stain removers as well as a generic stain remover. Try out these common homemade solutions which can best carpet stain removers. Rub light stains with this mixture: Dissolve 2 tablespoon of salt in half cup of white vinegar. Keep it dry and then vacuum. In the case of heavy or darker stains, use 2 tablespoons of borax in the mixture in a similar way. In the case of more tough or soil stains, create a paste with 1 tablespoon vinegar and 1 tablespoon cornstarch. Rub it after pouring in the stain by a dry piece of cloth. Keep it like this until dry and then vacuum. In case of spilled paint, you can make a solution using 1 to 1/2 teaspoons vinegar, 1/2 teaspoons of detergent, and two cups of water. Sponge away the stain before it gets engraved and rinse with cold water. In the case of fruit juice stains, mix 1 tbsp of detergent with 1/2 tbsp of white vinegar. Mix again with 2 cups of water. Use the stain to blot. In case of coffee and tea stains, mix white vinegar and water in equal ratio to blot the stain.
- Salt: Don’t be devastated if some red wine is spilled on your white carpet. Pour some white wine to dilute the red wine stain first. Next clear using a sponge in cold water. Spread some salt and let it stay for ten minutes before starting to vacuum up the mess. In the case of tough and greasy food stains, add 1 part salt into 4 parts of rubbing alcohol, then rub it hard on the grease stain. Salt can be useful in case of sauce or ketchup stains, act fast and add salt over the stain, wait for 3-4 minutes and then vacuum.
- Borax: Borax can be used as one of the best carpet stain removers; dampen the stained part and then rub borax. Keep it like this to dry before vacuumming. You can use a solution using vinegar and soap water in equal parts, and keep it to dry. You can repeat this method for removing the stains completely.
- Home & Garden